Specialist Foundation Piling in Canterbury by Foundation Piling Ltd
Foundation Piling Ltd offers a variety of piling products and services to assist in developing stable, dependable designs. Our piling methods will suit your every need, utilising our considerable collection of piling solutions so that we will effectively and efficiently fulfil your expectations. We offer piling strategies for structures that need our 35- years experience in piling and foundations.
We operate nationwide and serve a range of clients, from the UK’s Top 25 Contractors to local authorities and domestic builders. Our scope of works includes the design and construction of piled foundations and retaining wall solutions for the Highways Agency and Network Rail schemes, commercial and residential developments and slope stability projects.
We provide an efficient and responsive approach to design and construction, devising practical solutions and employing the most effective and up to date piling plant.
We focus on the continuous, professional development of all of our staff, and our site workers undergo constant training. Our Operatives are trained to a minimum CSCS accreditation with all plant operators trained with the necessary ticket accreditation depending on the plant. On every site, we aim to have one Foreman with NVQ Level 2 in Piling Operations and minimum SSSTS accreditation to ensure safe working practices at all times.
We also operate a popular graduate training scheme, with opportunities for Chartership with the ICE and research projects with Birmingham University
Foundation Piling provides full coverage throughout the UK and Ireland. Our network of depots means we can quickly reach your location, with our experts on hand to supply superior geotechnical solutions.
Our Environmental Credentials
- We eliminate (or minimise) spoil removed from the ground by using small displacement driven ductile iron piles, driven BSP or grundomat driven piles, or displacement auger piles. All of these give high load capacities for a very small ground footprint, and for small usage of new raw materials
- We utilise timber piles that are either from recycled material or from sustainable sources under the FSC banner
- Where possible in temporary works we use helical screw piles which can be removed following use
- We design to optimise the capacities of the steel we use, and recycle all of our waste steel, either generated from fabrication or returned from site
- We will utilise the inclusion of lime piles to give a significantly enhanced bearing capacities, utilising a natural material for ground improvement
- In conjunction with lime piles, we will use electro-osmosis techniques to give improved ground strengths
- Limiting our waste- waste produced by our site operations is minimal
- Any waste materials/steel is returned to head office compound
- The plant is frequently and regularly serviced to minimise fuel consumption and emissions
- Drilling is performed with either water or foam where practical to minimise dust emissions, or we will use dust collection units on rigs
- In environments such as live retail units, we utilise noise suppression units on rigs and fume extraction on exhausts
- In extremely sensitive areas, electrically operated equipment is used
We are the Specialists in Geotechnical Solutions
We offer comprehensive coverage of piling techniques to suit a wide range of ground conditions and site restrictions. Our industry experience and knowledge of our plant allow us to specify the most suitable technique or combination of techniques, providing the most efficient solution on site.
We are active in the following sectors:
Based in the vicinity of Chester, with offices in London and Bristol, we provide our professional services across the UK, Europe and across the world. To learn more about any of our solutions call our Bristol office on 01454 412 300 and one of our team will be happy to help whatever questions you may have and however big or small your piling need is.